About Blue Bikes
What is Blue Bikes?
Bikeshare is a shared transportation option that allows riders to rent a bicycle for a short period of time. Blue Bikes is a healthy, affordable, and environmentally-friendly bikeshare program designed for New Orleans. Blue Bikes has 504 pedal-assist e-bikes. Each bicycle has a motor on the rear wheel that is activated when you pedal. This motor helps to make the most out of your movements, allowing you to roll with confidence on a bicycle built for you.
How does Blue Bikes work?
Here’s how you can get rolling today:
- Download the Blue Bikes Nola app and create an account.
- Find a Blue Bike and use the app to start your ride.
- Lock the Blue Bike and use the app to take a picture of the locked bicycle to end your trip anywhere within the Blue Bikes Service Area.
There are a couple of options to pay for your trip:
- Pay As You Go: $1.00 to unlock and $0.15 per minute.
- Monthly Member: $25.00 per month with up to 60 minutes of included ride time per day and no unlock fee.
- Blue Bikes For All: the Blue Bikes For All program provides a reduced fare of $4.00 per month for riders who qualify for S/NAP or Medicaid. Blue Bike For All members have up to 60 minutes of included ride time per day. Here’s how to enroll in a Blue Bikes For All membership:
- Download the Blue Bikes Nola app and enter your phone number, name, and email address.
- Tap on the “?” icon on the bottom of the screen to contact customer support.
- In the form provided, enter Blue Bikes For All in the subject line.
- Select “Add Image” and take a photo of your S/NAP or Medicaid Card.
- Hit Submit. You should receive confirmation of your submission within 24 hours.
Charges and Fees
- Out-of-Service Area Fee: Ready to end your trip? Don’t forget to end all trips within the Blue Bikes Service Area to avoid the $25.00 Out-of-Service Area fee.
- Out-of-hub Convenience Charge: if you end your trip within the service area, but do not park at a designated Blue Bikes station, you will incur a $2.00 out-of-hub convenience charge.
Bike Saint Program
Blue Bikes members can earn a free monthly membership by returning Blue Bikes that are parked out-of-station to designated Blue Bikes stations!
Want to learn more?
To learn more about the Blue Bikes program, visit www.BlueBikesNola.com or send an email to email@example.com
Blue Bikes Service Area