Two Years of Community-Run Bikeshare
Blue Krewe launched the new and improved Blue Bikes in August of 2021, and what an amazing two years it has been!
The past two years have been a testament to the success and strength of a local nonprofit model for operating Community-Run Bikeshare.
Thanks to the unwavering support of all of our Blue Bikes members, the Blue Krewe team, volunteers, board members, donors, and community partners, Blue Krewe has remained focused on our mission to provide the Greater New Orleans region with equitable, shared micromobility solutions that are rooted in and supportive of our community.
Together, we have:
- Taken over half a million Blue Bikes trips
- Grown the Blue Bikes fleet to more than 850 pedal-assist e-bikes
- Provided over 1,000 FREE bike helmets to residents of New Orleans
- Raised $10,000 for House of Tulip
- Provided more than 20 local jobs for residents of New Orleans
Check out the full annual report below to learn more:Blue-Krewe-Year-Two-Annual-Report